Here is what our Premier has done for Ontario in the past seven years. Remember…he had a no tax increase election message/campaign.
- He has increased all the licensing fees from your car to your boat including fishing and hunting.
- He introduced the health care premium (not called a tax) and some couples pay as much as $1,500.00 a year.
- He doubled the price of most lottery tickets. (Not called a tax).
- He has put an ECO tax on aerosol and paint cans, hand soap, light bulbs. window washer fluid – all in all about 5000 products – people still don’t realize it until they see the bill – he kept that one real quiet. Even the Official Opposition were not aware of it’s implemntation as of July 1 – same date as when the HST started.
- He put a disposal tax on all electronics.
- He put the disposal tax back on tires.
- And now he has passed the HST tax – the largest tax on the province ever and the only other tax in Ontario , and, thousands of additional taxes on items you probably never heard of being taxed before!
He passed this bill even though 76% of the people in Ontario were against it. This HST will provide the Province with an additional THREE BILLION dollars a year.
- Soon we will all have our S.M.A.R.T. meters that we will have to pay rent on and will end up doing our laundry in the middle of the night. We are also going to pay big time for air conditioning from now on because when we need it the most it will be in the prime time of usage.
- Let us not forget the E-health scandal with 1.2 billion dollars wasted and paid out to friends and relatives.
What was Mr. McGuinty’s answer to this? Well, if the people of Ontario don’t like it, they can show it in the next election. Nice attitude. This after he fired the CEO and then gave her a severance package of $300,000 – not bad for only being on the job for seven months.
- And what about the SEVEN BILLION DOLLARS windmill power plant contract that he awarded to KOREA ? One would think there was some place in Canada or North America that could have built these.
- He also closed the emergency rooms in Port Colburne and Fort Erie because there is not enough money.
There have been two deaths since then because by the time they got to St. Catharine’s it was too late. But he then awards a hospital in Toronto three million dollars – of course, that was in the riding where there just happens to be a by-election to replace George Smitherman!
- He has taken the richest most prosperous province in Canada down to one of the poorest and has created a deficit of TWENTY SEVEN BILLION DOLLARS and he still has a year and a half to go. And don’t forget his nice little salary increase of $40,000.00 a year – millions of people in the province don’t earn even half of that.
- Have we forgotten all the MPP?S who also got a 14% increase? And now that they’ve had their increases he comes out with a new budget to freeze all provincial employees wages for two years – a bit late don’t you think.
- He increased the hydro tax by 10% in April of 2010.
- He has increased the tax on liquor and wine by 10% in May of 2010.
But, Mr. McGuinty will retire with his nice comfortable pension and all his benefits paid. I hope this gets passed around the province of Ontario and everybody remembers the way we got screwed by Mr. McGuinty and the Liberal party and – remember – NOT one Liberal MPP had enough guts to vote against
any of the above.
Don’t be the usual complacent Canadian……stand up and be heard for a change!